Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh that? yea it runs in the family











Ever since I was allowed to dress myself I've been obsessed with fashion. Only until recently I realized that maybe I wasn't the only one in my family with that same passion. I was going through some boxes of pictures and came across several photos of my parents when they were around my age. Every dress my mom had on I could see myself wearing. My dad was dressed so sharp and everything was tailored impeccably. I asked my mom about what she use to wear when she was my age. I figured we definitely could have shared a closet!! When she was explaining all her outfits, and things she use to own you could just sense her excitement. To her clothes weren't just something you had to wear, they were a form of expression. When my mom first met my dad he was working at a men's suit shop, where he was one of the top sales men. He could put together a complete look in a matter of minutes without hesitation. I never even thought to ask them about this when I was growing up, but now I'm kinda glad I did. It gave me an insight as to why maybe I am the way I am when it comes to fashion.













No comments:

Post a Comment